Monday, August 30, 2010

Holy Crap its August 30!

Holy crap its August 30! What the hell happened to the summer?? I swear to god we just celebrated Canada Day yesterday, not two months ago... I really hate how fast the months of July and August disappear... no effin way does January and February go by this quickly....

Quick recap:
We began (and ended) our 7 show run at the Fringe Festival* and had an absolute blast. We sold out almost every night and the feedback we heard was so positive that there's no way all those people could be lying, so I guess we put on a pretty decent show. Now to start thinking about next year...but how do you top a show that has this warning to its audience. (gunshots, nudity, salty language and cheese)



Big giant huge thanks to all our friends/families and total strangers that came to the show, ate some popcorn and had fun. Thank you for all your support!



The other week, I attended a Fight Fan Expo at the Shaw Conference centre as E-Ville Roller Derby had a booth set up to provide info about our sport and our league. It was a fun day spent chatting up strangers while wearing fishnets and booty shorts. God, I love roller derby. Normally, Im not a fan of the mixed martial arts, or fighting in general, but these two handsome boys might just make me change my mind. However the amount of Ed Hardy, wearing douchbags packed into the Conference Centre was too much for me to handle.




But there has been a lot in the past two weeks. A wedding, a trip to Jasper, out-of-town guests and lots of socializing. I will do my best to include everything, oh and there will be more dresses. I promise.

2 comments: